March 2018 Meetup - Open House Event at Shopee
Thu 15 March 2018 by Martin
This month, Shopee Singapore would like to invite the local Python community to an open house event at the Shopee Cafeteria.
We will feature a panel discussion with engineers from different teams at Shopee (data science, data engineering, regional operations). Each of them will give a short talk about how they use Python (with code examples) and the audience is encouraged to post questions so that an engaging panel discussion ensues.
The topics aren't set in stone, but to give you an idea of how Shopee uses Python, here are some of the topics that could be covered:
- Using Python Pandas packages to detect duplicated listings on the platform
- Using Python to generate reports for different countries to facilitate their daily work
- Data Visualization with Python and Apache Superset
- What role does Python play in Superset
- Facts & Figures: Dashboards at Shopee (with some live data)
Showcase of some Python packages heavily used in the area of data science, such as