Fri 08 March 2019 by Martin
BuildingBloCS (comprising students from various A-level, O-level and IP Computing schools), in conjunction with FOSSASIA and Lifelong Learning Institute Skills Future SG will be organising a series of free 2-hour introductory code labs at the 10th anniversary of FOSSASIA Open Tech Summit 2019.fossasia.org on Friday 15 March and 16 March 2019 from 7 pm tp 9 pm at Lifelong Learning Institute (Paya Lebar).We would like to invite interested students and staff to learn about the following topics:
- Introduction to Python
- Introduction to SQLite
- Introduction to MongoDB
- Introduction to Vue.js
- Introduction to Machine Learning with Python
- Creating Voice Skills with SUSI.AI
More details of the workshops including synopsis, timing and registration are at https://2019.fossasia.org/academy
As slots are limited and likely to run out quickly, we encourage participants to sign up early to avoid disappointment. In addition, Asia's premier Open Source tech conference, FOSSASIA Summit 2019 https://2019.fossasia.org/, is happening from 14th to 17th March! We invite all students and educators to attend the event.
All students and staff with .edu emails can get a free ticket at https://eventyay.com/e/3689bc98?code=FreeStudentTicket
Note: If you do not register with an .edu account, you will need to show your student/staff ID upon registration. Key highlights include:
- OpenTech Hackathon: Build open source apps and win prizes. https://fossasia-hackathon.devpost.com/
- Conferences: Listen to talks by industry experts from Google, Oracle, Microsoft and Red Hat.
- Exhibitions: Showcase and job opportunities with industry-leading companies like IBM, Daimler, Indeed, Facebook.
- Social Events: Cultural performance and city tours along with other techies from around the world!
Register for OpenTech Hackathon today to reserve your slot. https://fossasia-hackathon.devpost.com/
You can also join the event as a volunteer. Sign up here: https://2019.fossasia.org/volunteers/
Please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.